October Featured Athlete #2: Jodi West
2. What is your favorite Crossfit exercise or WOD? I enjoy the workouts that are circuit style, moving from one movement to the next. I feel that I get a good all over workout by doing so many movements in one workout. I also really enjoy workouts that include lifting a lot of weights.
3. How long have you been Crossfitting for? My husband and I have been coming to Crossfit together since August 2012, so just over a year.
4. What do you do for a living? I work at Bear River Association of Governments (BRAG). I do low-income assistance for families in crisis situations with their housing and utilities. I also coordinate the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program in Rich, Box Elder, and Cache Counties. I coordinate volunteers that are IRS trained to do basic tax returns for families.
5. What are your hobbies? I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I love to travel, especially to warmer places then Cache Valley! Summers are full of hiking and camp fires. Winters are full of cuddling in blankets with a good book. I like to give of my time to help others through volunteer work in the community and my church.
6. What are your goals? My dream is to someday be a mother. I love kids and would love to have the opportunity to raise them in a good home.
7. Why do you CrossFit? I Crossfit because I love the variety of cardio and weights. I’m able to do workouts with the group that I never would have been able to come up with on my own. I may not always love how I feel during a workout, but I love how I feel after. I sometimes feel that I have been pushed to the extreme and it is good to know what I can accomplish.
8. Any advice for future CrossFitters? Just do it! Make sure to eat healthy and drink a lot of water to keep hydrated. How you eat definitely effects how your workouts go. Be consistent. Once you start, try to stick to a good workout schedule.