October Featured Athlete: Brady West
2. What is your favorite Crossfit exercise or WOD? Anything with power cleans and deadlifts. Or anything that takes the breath out of ya.
3. How long have you been Crossfitting for? We have been Crossfitting for just over a year.
4. What do you do for a living? I am an Insurance Agent for the Logan Insurance Agency.
5. What are your hobbies? I love playing golf and softball.
6. What are your goals? Currently my main focus is on starting my own business. I would really like to get my mile and 5k times down. I also want to increase my upper body strength.
7. Why do you Crossfit? I first started Crossfit to lose weight. Down 70lbs!!! But now I do it to challenge myself and to improve my overall fitness. Crossfit has made it so I can do more things in my life. Before Crossfit I never would have signed up for the runs that Jodi and I have done. I couldn't even run 200 Meters without feeling like I was going to die. When I first started Crossfit I would look at the whiteboard and question whether or not I would even be able to finish the workout. Now when I look at the whiteboard I know it might suck but I know I will be able to push through. I love the workouts that kick the crap out of you and make you feel like you might pass out. They make you feel like really accomplished something that day.
8. Any advice for future CrossFitters? Take it one WOD at a time. You might not fully notice the results immediately but they are there. Listen to the trainers and talk to them about any concerns or injuries you may have. They will help you work through anything. All the trainers at CVSC know what you need to improve yourself. They are awesome. Set reasonable goals and try to exceed them. Make the most out of the time you have here. I am going to miss this place.