Athlete Spotlight - Heather Burt
1. How did you find out about Crossfit? I found out about CrossFit Cache Valley through a friend. I like to exercise and she suggested I try something different. I haven’t looked back. Thanks Tanya.
2. What is your favorite Crossfit exercise or WOD?
I have a love/hate/love relationship with CrossFit. I love coming to the box, “hate” while I am doing the workout, but love feeling the accomplishment of finishing all the workouts!! I love the really hard workouts I really hate – does that make sense ?
3. How long have you been Crossfitting for?
I have been Crossfitting for a little over 3 years but it seems like just yesterday I started!! I love it.
4. What do you do for a living?
Currently I work part time at my husband’s insurance office, Otto Derr Insurance as an insurance agent. I also have three children that keep me busy.
5. What are your hobbies?
CrossFit, running marathons, boating, hiking, and camping with my family, reading, and sewing.
6. What are your goals?
I want to be stronger! I love the feeling I get of being able to increase the weight I lift, or run a 400m sprint faster, or do more consecutive wall balls. My goal is to continue to improve without getting injured!!
7. Why do you Crossfit?
I crossfit because I love it!! I look forward to the variety each day and the results I see in my running and in the way I feel; and I like the people I meet and who help keep me motivated.
8. Any advice for future CrossFitters.
Just do it! Start somewhere, everyone at the box had to start somewhere, don’t be intimidated, just do it!! Make sure to keep track of your workouts, the weight you use or lift, how you felt for each work out so you can compare and see the results—you will love it!!