Athlete Spotlight - Dean Johansen
1. How did you find out about Crossfit? I have known Brad Thorne for about 15 years, mostly through golf. I always knew Brad to be a “gym rat”, always in to fitness, training, and diet. More importantly I knew Brad to be a very genuine, dedicated, and driven individual. When I heard he was coming to the Valley to open a Crossfit, even though I had no idea what that was, I knew I was in!!
2. What is your favorite Crossfit exercise or WOD?
My favorite Crossfit WOD is FRAN. There isn’t another WOD that scares the hell out of me more, that makes me want to cry when I see it on the board when I walk in the box, or gives me a better feeling of accomplishment when I’m done, than FRAN.
3. How long have you been Crossfitting for?
I’ve been Crossfitting since BT started in the rec center, I guess about 3 1/2 years.
4. What do you do for a living?
5. What are your hobbies?
I am the father of four beautiful boys, I certainly don’t consider being a father a “hobby” but these days I enjoy watching them golf, bike, or fish almost more than I like doing it myself…………….Almost
6. What are your goals?
My goal is to do better than I did yesterday.
7. Why do you Crossfit?
I Crossfit because of the way I feel, physically and mentally. Crossfit forces me to take myself to places that other programs don’t. I love the fact that everyday I know I’m going to just get lit up with a workout and I’m going to have to figure a way to get through it. I love it!!!
8. Any advice for future CrossFitters?
My advice for people that haven’t tried it? Your Loss!! Crossfit is a lifestyle, not just a 30 minute class or a video you can workout to. We are lucky to have Brad and his staff here to help us be better. Everyone that does Crossfit is getting something different out of it, this not one dimensional. So my advice? Get in here!! Don’t try it…..Do It!! Look inside and see what your made of, you might like it.